Cargo Security Program
Air Cargo Security (ACS) Program Changes
Transport Canada requires that all cargo being shipped on passenger flights go through a security screening process. The following information details how these changes will affect Air North Cargo customers.
- This change will apply to CATSA – Canadian Air Transport Security Authority - airports. These are airports where passengers receive security screening.
- CATSA airports within Air North's network are: Whitehorse, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton.
If you're shipping from a CATSA location
- Cargo must be shipped by a Registered Shipper (applicable only to businesses), or
- Cargo must be screened by Air North Cargo upon receipt, based upon the new regulations.
If you're shipping from a non-CATSA location
- Any cargo that is transiting, or passing through, a CATSA location will require screening at the CATSA location prior to continuing to the intended destination.
How to become a Registered Shipper (Businesses Only)
- Visit Transport Canada's Air Cargo Security (ACS) Program website for instructions
- A Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Business Number is required, as well as a referral that can confirm an existing business relationship with respect to shipping air cargo (such as a freight forwarder or air carrier)
- If your business has an existing relationship with Air North Cargo, we can act as your referral
- Air North contact name: Jai Raghani
- Phone: 1.800.661.0407 ext. 2
- Email: email@example.com
For all other shippers (Not a registered shipper or without a business number)
- Your cargo will need to undergo screening or a physical search prior to acceptance by Air North Cargo
- Air North will charge a security screening fee of $7.50 or $0.07/lb per waybill, whichever is greater
- Please allow extra time for screening and processing when dropping off cargo
- Please allow extra time for cargo delivery as the screening process may cause delays
- Visit this page, flyairnorth.com/cargo-security, for updates should there be changes to this program or our procedures
If you need more information